Leads the strategic planning, development and evaluation of the information and technology systems across the Doctors Only enterprise. This position is responsible for providing the vision and leadership in the organization’s technology initiatives, ensuring effective and consistent solutions with a focus on customer satisfaction and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure security of network, systems and data. Implement data privacy measures in Salesforce and SharePoint to ensure compliance with FINRA, SEC, HIPAA and other applicable governing bodies.
- Establish IT policies, standards, procedures for the organization that support efficient operations and effective business operations. Implement and maintain best practice IT Processes (such as ITSM).
- Cast vision and define technology strategy that provide long-term alignment with business goals and strategies and provide a framework for daily, monthly and annual planning.
- Define a standardized development methodology (i.e.: Agile) and manage adoption and governance by development teams.
- Manage capital and expense budgets to provide the most cost effective services. Contribute to annual budget process and manage monthly reconciliation of budget to actual expense.
- Hire, develop and manage technology staff.
- Provide effective core business systems based on performance, stability, recoverability.
- Work with executive leadership and other key stakeholders in the business to define requirements and establish reasonable service levels.
- Create and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Test plans regularly and provide input to audit and compliance.
- Ensure technology projects meet time, budget and performance requirements. Conduct surveys to gather feedback on deliverables and maintain records of effort/cost.
- Identify and participate in the selection of software and hardware products. Actively manage vendor relationships.
- Highly ethical
- Focus on quality
- Data and results driven problem solver
- Collaborative and multi-level communicator
- Proficient at people development
- Exceptional skills in project management, systems analysis, system development, architecture and foundational technologies such as networking, communications, systems platforms, etc.
- Strong business acumen with the proven ability to translate business strategy in technology enabling solutions.
- Passion and proven track record in driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external business stakeholders, senior management and peers.
- Ability to adequately prepare for business growth by constantly assessing demand vs. resource capacity.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to Financial Services and Technology
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and communication skills.
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven success with change management.
- Flexible to work or travel to meet business needs. (Less than 25% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- MBA or graduate degree, preferred
- Minimum 10 years in information technology. Minimum 5 years in people management.
- Experience of 5+ years in the financial industry (banking, insurance, financial planning) (strongly preferred)
- Lean-/Six-sigma experience and knowledge (preferred)
- PMP certification (preferred)